Thursday, November 10, 2011

Water Fountains are Cool!

The thing I love about having young children is that everything is new to them.  It's great to step back and see things from the eyes of a little one and to see them find pleasure in the simplest things.  It's easy to forget about learning common place things that you must have learned at some point in life - like how to drink from a water fountain.  I took Clara to Little Monkey Bizness today (a children's indoor play place), and during her playing she came over to me in dire need of water.  I told her I forgot to bring her water to which she re-emphasized her need for water.  I suggested that we get a drink from the water fountain, and she said, "a water fountain?"  It was then that I realized this was a new concept for her.  It was so cute watching her try to figure out how to get the water to go in her mouth.  She got her hair and her shirt wet in the process, but I think she did get some water in her mouth.  At first I was pushing the button for her so she could focus on drinking, but then I showed her the button.  She pushed the button briefly, and then went to take a drink of water then realized the water was gone.  I explained that she had to hold down the button.  She tried a couple more times and did seem to be getting the hang of it.  As she was skipping on the water back to the play area she said, "Water fountains are cool!"  Then a short while later she asked to go to the water fountain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment