Friday, August 10, 2012

Avery Letter - 10 months





Dear Miss Avery,

You are at such a fun age.  You crawl all over the place and are determined to get what you want!  If something is out of your reach, you try as hard as you can to get a hold of it, and you express your frustration if you don’t get what you want.  Your sister keeps you occupied since you crawl around trying to keep up with her.  You are now cruising along the sofa and coffee table, walking behind your baby walker, and will stand up holding on with one hand.  Might you be walking when I write this letter next month?  It’s possible.  We will see!

You cut your first tooth this month on the bottom of your mouth.  We think you are working on a couple more up top.   You’re also eating table food almost exclusively right now.  I think that would be your preference, but we’re trying to finish off that baby food we stocked up on.  So far there hasn’t been any table food we’ve put in front of you that you haven’t eaten.  You are an eating, pooping, and sleeping machine (that’s the definition of a baby, I think).  At 20 pounds you remain in the 75th percentile in weight.  Your baby BMI is in the acceptable range.  Apparently measuring baby BMI is a new thing – a bit ridiculous in my opinion.  I love baby chub!

Also new this month, you are saying “Mama.”  It started off slow, but now you say it very frequently.  I LOVE IT!  I can’t get enough of you saying it, and I always say, “that’s me!”  You seem to know it’s me because when I come through the door, you now crawl to me as you chant, “Mamamamama.”  Your Daddy deemed this to be your first official word this week.  And if Daddy concedes that the first word is Mama, then it’s gotta be true!  You also crawl to our feet and try to pull yourself up on our legs.  This is your cue that you want picked up.  And if we don’t respond quickly enough you squeal or start crying.  You can wave at us now, but it's really a wave to yourself since you have your hand pointing inward.

You are still very leery of strangers and most men.  You won’t smile when we are in an unfamiliar setting despite stranger’s attempts to get you to smile.  You just stare them down with your baby glare.  You had a melt-down this week when Uncle Clint and Uncle Trent tried to hold you.  You were happy to look at them as long as one of your parents was holding you.  I’ll bet you warm up to them soon.  They really are good guys.

Your favorite toys this month are the blue octopus and the foam blocks.   You love to chew on the blocks, and when anyone builds anything out of the blocks, you come barreling towards it to knock it down.  Towers are not allowed to stand in this house!  You do the same to the musical octopus.  If he’s on the floor, you crawl and fast as you can towards him and then lunge at him with your mouth open.  It makes us laugh.  You are very interested in anything your sister is doing, and she’s started complaining when you get in the middle of what she’s doing or take her things.  I’ve heard “Mom!  Avery is (fill in the blank)!” many times, and I’m sure that will continue.

You are an excellent sleeper.  Daily sleep schedule – up at 7am – nap from 9-11am – nap again from 1-3pm, and sleep through the night from 7pm – 7am.  Feed, poop, play and continue.  You’re growing and changing so fast.  Multiple times this month your Daddy has asked, “Didn’t we just get her?”  Seems like we did, but on the other hand, it’s hard to imagine life without you.

Love you, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment