Saturday, December 8, 2012

Please don't tell my Mommy


Heather stayed with the girls while we went to my holiday party earlier this week.  She had a lot to report when we returned.   Little Miss Aves decided to start walking while we were gone.  Heather explained how she walked between the sofa and love seat three different times without assistance.  When Heather asked, “Does she usually do that?”  We said, “NO!”  Apparently Avery was waiting for the right audience before she showed off her big moves.
Clara told Heather the following story about puffs (which are a Gerber baby snack).  I’m going to paraphrase based on what Heather told me, but it went something like this (Clara speaking): 
I like to sneak puffs when my Mommy isn’t looking.  They are for babies so I’m not supposed to have any, but I think they taste good so I eat them too.  I like to suck on them until they get soft so my Mommy doesn’t hear them crunching in my mouth.  (Clara pauses to think then gets very concerned.)  You’re not going to tell my Mommy are you?  Please don’t tell my Mommy that I sneak puffs because then she’ll put them on the high shelf where I can’t reach them. 
So for now, it’s their little secret, and the puffs are still on the low shelf where she can reach them.  Apparently we need to have Heather come over more often so I can get the inside scoop on what my daughter does when I’m not looking!  If you’re chuckling as you read this and are thinking that we have our hands full with this little girl, you are right!



No comments:

Post a Comment