Friday, December 7, 2012

Stinky Dreams!



Clara is so familiar with her books that I like to switch up the words from time to time to see if she notices.  I’ll usually swap out a word with its opposite – if the word is sun, I’ll say moon.  She has a pajaminals book that talks about the moon, and it says “Sweet Dreams.”  I usually say, “Stinky Dreams!”  Clara thinks this is HILARIOUS, and she’ll laugh and say “Stinky Dreams!”  Stinky is a very funny word to a three year old.  A couple of nights ago, I read this book and said, “Stinky Dreams”.  As usual, Clara laughed, but then she got really serious.  She said, “I can’t say Stinky Dreams at preschool.  I had to go to time out ‘cause I said Stinky Dreams.”  Then she thought for a moment and said very matter-of-factly, “I guess I can say stinky dreams at home, but I can’t say it at preschool.”  I agreed with her, but really I was laughing inside.  Whoops, I didn’t mean to get her into trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment