Thursday, October 24, 2013

Avery @ two



I'm pretty sure I could drive this thing....

Miss Serious!

"Ok Mom, step away from the camera and make my dinner. 
Not sure why Gamma is similing before she's been served any food."

-You love to play.  After you finish breakfast you will tell us, “Go play now!”

-You adore your big sis – most of the time.   You mimic nearly everything she does.  However, you do get frustrated with her when she gets to bossy or takes your stuff.
I need both the car and the dog or else my life is ruined!
-You love music and your dancing cracks us up.  Your favorite songs right now are “Oh Ah, Oh Ah” (When I walk along the river by Laurie Berkner Band) and “Mama Boken Heart” (Mama’s Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert).  A questionable choice for a kids song but you love the beat, so whatever.

-You are becoming very verbal.  In the last few weeks your vocabulary has really taken off.  You are putting together 4-5 word sentences, although you do struggle with your use of pronouns.  It’s very cute.  We love that you can communicate with us, and we often have to remind you to, “Use your words Avery.”

-Often resort to fit throwing.  If that doesn’t get our attention, you don’t hesitate to up the ante and throw yourself on the ground.  At home or in public, whenever the need arises.  Hopefully you’ll catch on quickly since your sister reminds you, “Throwing a fit gets you nothing Avery.”
Surely now they'll realize I mean business!
-Don’t hesitate to tell us “No!”  This makes me wonder why I bother asking you certain questions like if you are ready to leave the playground or go inside.  The answer is always no, and the question isn’t really a question anyway.

-Like books.  To use your words “I like books Mama.”  That was the first time I had heard you vocally confirm positive feelings toward something.  You love your books before bed, and sometimes bamboozle us into reading books in the morning when we’re trying to get ready to go because you’re so cute asking for them.

-Have excellent manners.  We hope that this will continue to be instilled in you.  We rarely have to remind you, and you often pleasantly surprise us with your “pleases” and “thank yous.”

-You want to go and become very upset if you get left behind.  You are a mover and a doer.  You want to be involved in the action and don’t hesitate to leap in head first.

-Fear loud noises.  This has improved within the last couple of months, but previously you were terrified when hearing trains, loud trucks, airplanes, and any other loud noise.  You’ll still run up to me from time-to-time and say “Scared Mama!”  Which is my cue to pick you and make sure you feel safe.  (I don't like you being scared, but I love comforting you.)

We are loving your communication with us, even though it still sounds mostly like robot voice.  It's so rewarding to watch you and your sister interact, and we can tell you love each other a ton.  You are such a sweet girl and give us hugs and kisses upon request.  We are looking forward to continuing to learn your personality, watching you grow, and teaching you how to be a reasonable person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment