KU had an open basketball practice that we took the girls to last Saturday. It was the first time that we've been back to campus with both girls. KU's campus holds a special place in my heart - I have so many great memories of college. That made it even more awesome to take the girls back to visit. Back in my college days, I couldn't have dreamed up these two little sweethearts. Going back made me reflect on what the past ten years have brought to our lives - we are so incredibly blessed.
And as you can imagine, the girls had a ball!
| My little blessings! |
Watching the game with Daddy. Clara asked him, "Daddy, can you teach me the rules?"
Avery sat still for about 5 minutes before it became necessary to bust out the snacks. The snacks bought us another 10 minutes. Then I resorted to chasing her around in the walkway.
| Avery loves to point out Jayhawks so Allen Fieldhouse was Jayhawk heaven for her! |
Our neighbors have two daughters currently in college at KU, and I let them know we were coming to town. Allison invited us over to her house for a tailgating party (there was also a home football game going on that afternoon). She had also invited her parents over. Apparently the college students have figured out that if you invite parents over to tailgate, the parents bring their own drinks and all the food. Note to self on how to get invited over when our girls are in college.
Both of our families except their son Brady.
I asked Clara was her "high" was for the day...she said, "Going to Ali's house!"
We're also blessed to have such wonderful neighbors!
No comments:
Post a Comment