Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baby TV


Clara has a baby TV in her crib--well, that's what Matt has named it. It's not a real TV obviously! It's a toy that makes noise, lights up, and has monkeys inside that dance around. I've attached a picture. The first time I tried to turn this thing on, I couldn't figure it out. Matt showed me that it has a button on the front of it that you push to turn it on.

One night about a week ago, Clara woke us up in the middle of the night crying. I fixed her a bottle and was headed up the stairs when I realized she wasn't crying anymore. This was not normal because she usually cries until she gets fed, and she gets louder and louder. She never just stops. So I hurried to her door and stopped at her doorway when I realized the "Baby TV" was on. It really weirded me out--especially in the middle of the night when the house was dark and quiet and the only noise was this toy quietly playing music! I looked back downstairs and realized Matt was still in bed. Then I looked slowly around the room--just Clara in her crib staring at the toy....hmmm....very strange... We discussed the possibility of poltergeist or a homeless person living in our attic.=)

We finally decided she must just flail her arms and inadvertently hit the button. The strange thing is that the button is on the lower right corner of the toy and really isn't that big. The other strange thing is that she turned it on 3 times that night. She still occasionally turns it on. She's definitely too young to be purposefully doing it (of course we love to just think that she's advanced), so it must just be accidental. If it calms her down, I'm all for it! It's still a little erie when we hear the thing playing thru the monitor at night though.

1 comment: