Today, well, I guess I should say yesterday since it's 4:57am on Tuesday morning as I'm writing this. Yesterday, we took Clara to have her hips sonogramed. The doctor at the lab said everything looked fine. They are sending the pictures over to our pediatrician to look at, but preliminarily, everything is fine. The doctor explained that it's common for breech baby's hips not to form properly because of how they are positioned in the womb. If they catch it early, then it's very easy to fix, but can lead to lifetime problems if problems are not caught early. If there would have been problems, then she would have had to wear a pelvic brace. I'm not sure how big this brace is or how long she would have had to wear it. I'm just very thankful she doesn't have to. I'm still amazed by the ultrasound technology, but I must say, this was the least exciting ultrasound I've seen. So much more exciting when you get to look at a baby in an ultrasound! Although I'm certainly okay with waiting a while before we do that again.=)
I took some more pictures of Clara over the weekend and have posted a couple of my favorites. She attracts a lot of attention when we're out, and we're still not getting tired of people oohing and ahhing over her and telling us what a "pretty baby" she is! We just eat it up!
I'm glad to hear everything looks o.k.!
ReplyDeleteI don't think you ever get tired of people gushing over your kids! :)