Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Clara's trip to Elbing













We had a nice time in Elbing visiting my family last week. It was unbelievable how much stuff we had to back. It filled the whole back of my SUV with the third row of seats laid down! We enjoyed spending time with my family, but I had to cancel most of my plans with friends because I came down with the flu on Thursday and was sick thru Sunday! Clara did get to meet two more Great Grandparents, her Great Aunt Julie, and my cousin Matt who just moved back from Germany with the Air Force. We also got to see my friend Megan, go on a couple of walks, and out to eat a couple of times--including Braums where I got a delicious hamburger and limeade! Grandma & Grandpa got to babysit one evening, which they loved!

We visited my Grandma Ruby who lives in Newton. She was delighted to meet Clara. I asked her if Clara looked like me and she said "yes". Right then Clara let out a big grunt to which my Grandma added, "and she acts like you too!" It cracked us up! My Grandma doesn't say a whole lot anymore, but she still gets some good one-liners in

The 2 1/2 hour road trip went pretty well. My Mom drove up on Monday, left her car at our house, and rode back to Elbing with Clara and I. We stopped at Emporia and fed her, and she pretty much slept the rest of the way. Then on Sunday, Matt and I made it the whole way home without stopping to feed her. We cut it close those--she decided it was time to eat when we hit Bonner Springs and the rest of the trip was pretty painful. It was a good trip, I just wish I could have seen the rest of my friends I was hoping to see. Maybe next time!

1 comment:

  1. I bet Elsie like the week away from Clara. More her time! I love Braums!!! Amazing burgers and peanut butter shakes. Is it lunch time yet?

    ReplyDelete