Thursday Clara and I went to visit Trish, our daycare lady. I feel very confident that we made the right decision to use Trish. Our other option that we were torn between was a really nice daycare center in our area. The afternoon that we were planning to go put our deposit down at Canterbury (the daycare center), Trish left us a message that she had an opening. When I had talked to her a few months before, she wasn't expecting to have any openings but said she'd keep us in mind if she did. We agonized over the decision (probably a little too much), but decided to go with Trish. I really feel like it was a blessing from God that we found her and that she ended up having an opening. She was great with Clara. It was funny, when we got there, she asked if it was okay if she hold Clara. I just laughed, and said, of course! Kinda would be a problem if I wasn't comfortable with that!=) I have much more piece of mind about going back to work after watching Trish with Clara.
I also got to meet the other kids she watches. I had several questions for Trish about how things worked, but I figured it would be so busy/crazy with the other kids there, that we wouldn't be able to discuss my questions. I couldn't believe how well behaved and calm the other kids were. (I feel like it would be mass chaos if I tried to do something like that!=)). They were very careful, but curious, about Baby Clara, and they listened to Trish so well! The next youngest child she watches is Baby Luke, who is 5 months old. Clara and I visited with Trish for about an hour and a half. I'm sure it's still going to be a big adjustment for Matt and I, but I'm very happy with our choice and optimistic that it's going to work out well. I think it makes it easier for me to know exactly who is going to be taking care of my baby. I hadn't thought about this until now, but at the daycare center, I wouldn't know the person or people yet who would be caring for her, and that would make it a much tougher transition back to work. I would have gotten to know them over time, but it's comforting for me to already know Trish. I think Clara will get lots of love there.
Clara has started to smile more frequently now. It's pretty cute! However, they are pretty unpredictable, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency with what makes her smile. Sometimes when I do silly things to try to make her smile, she'll just look annoyed.=)
Don't worry Nicole, your mom still smiles in amazement when you do silly things =)
ReplyDelete