Monday, September 3, 2012

Avery Ruby - 11 month letter





Dear Avery,
You’ll be 11 months tomorrow – 11 months!  I’m working on the party planning, and I’m excited for you to turn 1.  I love the age you are right now.  I feel like every month gets a little more fun, and some days I think things are getting slightly easier as you are growing and getting older.  I’m counting down the days (31 to be exact) until cow’s milk (oh so much cheaper than formula).

You have become very playful and interactive.  You respond to our cues and have figured out a couple of things that will make us laugh.  You do this hilarious head dance that looks like you are trying to get water out of your ear.  You do the head dance.  We laugh.  This delights you so you do it again.  We were at lunch on Saturday, and you are I were alone at the table.   You kept doing the head dance, and I was laughing out loud while looking around to see if anyone else was watching how hilarious you are.  When your Daddy and Clara returned, we all got such a kick out of watching you.

You would much rather crawl over something to get where you are going than around it.  You will crawl right over people too, and I’ve seen you take a binky from another baby and have heard rumors of you stealing toys from other babies in the church nursery.   You seemed to master crawling up the stairs all at once (have you been practicing after hours?), and you’ll make a bee-line for the stairs if you see the baby gate open.  You are a speed crawler and seem to kick it into a turbo gear when you know we’re after you.  You love to be upright and cruise around the furniture and walk behind moving objects very well.  You’ll stand on your own occasionally – mostly when you are holding a toy and don’t realize that you have let go.  You go weak at the knees when we try to get you to walk while holding both of your hands.  You can do it – I promise!
You are still somewhat timid in new situations and around unfamiliar people.  You are turning into a Momma’s girl and follow me all over the house if I leave the room.  You have figured out that your opinion matters and that being loud will get results.  You know the word “no”, and give us the hugest grin when we say it to you.  You’ll shake the wood blinds (which you know are off limits), and then just look at us expectantly like, “what are you going to do now?”

You are eating solely table food, and you love to eat and feed yourself.  You don’t believe that the 1 tablespoon serving size applies to you.  I’m not sure what ratio we’re giving you, but it’s much more than that.  You’ve signed “more” to us a couple of times.  It’s pretty cute when you tell us you want “more” because you bang your fists together.  Daddy has seen you use the “all done” sign; although, I find it hard to believe you’d ever actually admit you are done eating. 
I’ve told you this before, but you and your sister adore each other.  You crane your neck in the mornings if you hear her, and squeal with delight when you see her.  You love it when she’s playing with you, and I can tell you can’t wait until you can keep up with her.

You are such a joy, and I love that we’re getting to know you more and more each month.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment