Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Elsie Returns!!!


Throughout my pregnancy, we were so curious to see what Elsie would think of the baby. Elsie has been the center of attention and our "baby" since we got her four years ago. Well, last week, we found out! Elsie had been staying with Matt's parents since Clara was born, and we decided it was time for her to come home last week. All in all, she's done very well! Immediately, she was very cautious around Clara; she seems to have an instinct that she is to be very careful around Clara. She does get super clingy at times, which I think is a result of Clara getting the attention that Elsie is used to. I'm sure Elsie gets some satisfaction from the fact that she still gets to sleep in bed with us and Clara does not!=) We had to scold Elsie the other night because we were on the floor with Clara, which Elsie interprets as playtime. She got one of her stuffed toys that has long legs and started flailing it around. She puts a lot of energy into this, and throws the toy back and forth with a lot of force. My Mom had to hide the toy from Elsie because she just kept doing it!! It's really sweet when I'm laying on the couch holding Clara and Elsie comes and lays next to us. I've attached a pictures--please ignore my crazy hair.=)


No comments:

Post a Comment