What an unexpected evening! Matt & I went to Chilis for dinner and then on to Walmart to stock up on groceries and other miscellaneous items we needed before the baby was scheduled to come on January 13. I had a c-section scheduled since she was breech. After returning a few items, we were in the shampoo isle debating over which soap to get, when surprise--my water broke! So much for that list of to-dos around the house and at work the following day--baby day came sooner than we had ever expected! I just wanted to go home and wait for the doctor to call back, but Matt insisted we head to the hospital. We hurried out of Wal-mart (for obvious reasons) and made it to the hospital about 15 minutes later at 7:15pm.
I was admitted right away, and I even told the nurse that I didn't believe her that my water had broken. Even though she said she was 100% sure that it had, I didn't believe it until the test came back positive. She told us we were going to be parents in about 2 hours!!! As Matt tried to get ahold of our parents, I kept listing off the remaining to-dos which had not been completed and was very concerned that our house was messy and I hadn't packed my hospital bag. I was also pretty stressed about the upcoming surgery and the fact that my doctor would not be the one performing the surgery. Matt, the nurses, and doctors were very supportive throughout the whole thing, and once the baby arrived and I heard her first cry...nothing else mattered. Matt was immediately by the baby's side watching them do all of the tests. She weighed in at 6 lbs. 15 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long.
No comments:
Post a Comment