Monday, January 12, 2009

Gas & Exploding Poop

Yes, you read the title correctly. This topic still grosses me out - I guess I'll get used to it now that I'm a parent?! Poor thing had some tummy trouble on Sunday, and she had terrible gas!! I'm not kidding--it was super stinky! Again, you think, how can a 6 lb. darling generate this much stink?! My Mom told me today that her shirt stunk after she took it off that day just from her holding Clara. Anyway, thankfully, the gas cleared up yesterday, and everything starting functioning again. That's where the exploding poop comes in... I changed so many dirty diapers yesterday! When Matt got home from work, it was his turn. Clara pulled a fast one on him when he was getting her ready for bed and decided to finish her business while he was changing her diaper. Lucky for him, he has quick reflexes and just missed getting it on himself. It did make quite a mess of everything else though. I remember they covered this topic in our childbirth prep class, and Matt & I were wondering on our way home after the class how diaper changing could really get THAT messy. Haha--now we know!

1 comment: