Dear Baby Aves,
I loved your sixth month, and it’s been my favorite month to
date! You’ve changed a lot this month,
and you are just becoming so fun! You
have started rolling very consistently from your back to your tummy. This has led to…gasp…tummy sleeping! We were so nervous about this at first that
we would go into your room when you were sleeping and roll you onto your
back. Even as second-time parents, we
are still so nervous about this. Towards
the end of the month though, I can tell that we’re getting used to it because
we’ve stopped this irrational behavior.
You can also push your body up when you are on your tummy to help you
look around and grab toys. This has
helped you become more content on your tummy.
You’ve developed a love of toys, and you express your displeasure if a
toy gets taken away from you. Your
favorite toy is the Whoozit Whatzit – it’s really just called the “whoozit” but
for some reason, we extended the name – probably because it’s fun to say. Your big sis loves to find the Whoozit
Whatzit and give it to you. She’ll also
locate and plug the binky in your mouth, which is very helpful at times as
well.
Let’s talk about sleeping.
This month you’ve made HUGE strides in the sleep area, but we’ve
developed some less than ideal sleeping habits.
You’re down to only waking up once a night at around 3 or 4am, but the
only way to soothe you back to sleep is to snuggle with you in the guest
bedroom. We asked the doctor at your 6
year appointment if you are waking because you need to be fed at night. His response, “Based on her size, no.” He suggested a tough love approach that I’m
not sure I have the heart to implement.
Sleeping through the night is ideal, but only getting up once, huge
progress little one!
Let’s talk about eating.
You love it. So far we’ve tried
most veggies and are getting ready to venture into the fruit arena. I make most of your baby food, and you’ll
even each the peas and green beans that I make even though it’s hard to get
them as finely pureed as I would like.
The change in consistency doesn’t even phase you. I love that you are a good eater. And I love your baby rolls. I don’t even mind having to separate the
rolls when to get you completely clean when I change your diapers.
You are a healthy, growing girl. We made no trips to the doctor this month
other than your well baby visit (hooray for health!). At 6 months, you weighed in at 17 ½ pounds in
the 75th percentile, and you are in the 50th percentile
for your length. As a comparison, your
big sis weighted 19 pounds at one year.
I am so in love with you.
I just can’t get enough of you.
I’m so proud of how well you are growing and developing. It’s hard to imagine that only 6 short months
ago, we hadn’t met you yet. I’m so happy
you are with us. You are such a joy.
Lots of love,
Your Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment