This girl is constantly cracking us up. Some of these may have been funnier at the the time, but I've been writing them down as we go.
Caution - some of these may cause you to laugh out loud!
We pointed out to Clara that the clouds were moving fast. Her response, “Clouds don’t move like Elsie – they don’t have legs!”
As she’s looking into her water bottle: “My ice cubes are gone! I don’t know how they keep getting out of there!”
She was fussing because I got the seatbelt in her car seat too tight. I explained that it’s so she won’t go flying out of the car if we get into a wreck. Her response: “If I fly out, I will just flap my wings, and I’ll fly home.”
Clara: Where are we going?
Me: The grocery store.
Clara: Which way are going?
Me: We’re going south.
Clara: For the winter?
As we’re driving down the road, I pointed to three birds circling in the sky, and I asked Matt if they were vultures. He said, yes, they were turkey vultures. From the backseat, Clara asks “Are they going to eat us when we’re dead?” [This was one of those parenting moments where you have to cover your mouth to stifle your laughter and pretend to be serious.]
As we’re driving over a bridge crossing a river, Clara asks, “Are there crocodiles in that river?” Matt tells her no. Clara then asks, “What river has crocodiles in it?” Matt: “The Nile.” Clara: “Where is the Nile River?” Matt: “In Africa.” Clara: “Can we go to Africa?”
We were
explaining to Clara about why she had to go to Miss Trish’s (daycare) because
Mommy and Daddy had to go to work so we could by food. Clara laughed and said in a tone indicating
that she thought that was a ridiculous statement, “You don’t buy food at
work. You buy it at the store!”
We made a
special trip to the post office to mail my Mom’s Mother’s Day card. Clara noticed right away that we were
deviating from our normal route from daycare to home so she started her
inquisition. I explained that we were
going to the post office to mail Gamma Marsha’s Mother’s Day card. As I was dropping it in the mail box, she got
all excited and said, “Is she going to come pick it up? Is she coming to see
us?!” I had to explain that the mail man
would pick it up and take it to Gamma Marsha.
“Mommy if I keep eating my tummy will get big like yours!” [Thanks Clara. I have since started running. More on that later.]
About the lady helping us at the grocery store meat counter, “Mom, is that a boy or a girl?” [Luckily I don't think the lady heard the question. I hope.]
The teacher was passing out animal puppets during Baby Bible, and she tried to give Clara the puppy. Clara said, "I don't want that one. It doesn't match my dress."
As she was dusting the coffee table we asked her how it got so dusty. She replied, "I think the dust bunnies got in our house while we were on bacation!"
No comments:
Post a Comment