Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stalling, Inc.


At the young age of 3, Clara Lynn is a professional staller and the CEO of Stalling, Inc.  Stalling, Inc. develops toddler-crafted excuses that can be implemented during the late evening hours to pro-long playtime, obtain additional sustinence, and frustrate already weary parents.  Excuses personally developed and tested daily by Clara include, but are not limited to:
1.  I'm not tired.
2.  I don't want to go to bed.
3.  It's not dark out.
4.  It's not time for bed.
5.  I'm hungry.
6.  My tummy hurts.
7.  I'm thirsty.
8.  I need a drink of milk.
9.  [If already upstairs]  I need a drink of the water downstairs.
10. I need the monkey light on.
11. I need the white fan on.
12. I need the black fan on [yes, she has two fans in her room].
13. I need my moon light on.
14. I haven't played with Daddy yet.
15. I need a kiss.
16. I need a hug.
17. You didn't tell me goodnight.
18. Daddy didn't tell me goodnight.
19. Avery's blanket is my room.
20. [Avery's sock, toy, anything else she can possibly think of] is in my room and it shouldn't be.

And an original, hot off the press excuse newly developed and tested by Clara tonight...

21.  But I want to go for another walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment