Saturday, May 26, 2012

Our Bacation {Part 2}: The Omaha Zoo

We had heard rave reviews about the Ohama Zoo, and it did not disappoint! We were very impressed by the many exhibits, which were very well done. There were lots of animals to see and most of them were very close-up and easy for Clara to locate and identify.   The weather worked in our favor, and it was actually chilly (in the low 60s) in the morning when we arrived. 
We almost had our trip ruined when I left my wallet laying on a table in the concession area.  We didn't realize it was missing until about 2 hours later when we went to get money for the carosel.  I tried to remain calm and hope for the best that someone turned it in, AND THEY DID!  I wish I could personally thank that person. 
Clara seems to share Matt's love of animals.  Just like her Daddy, she likes to stop and look at each one.

These chimps were hilarious!  As soon as we walked over, they climbed over to the fence and stuck their hands out for food.  They both did it right away - I'd say they have this figured out!

This tiger was beautiful and downright impressive.  The Cats exhibit was so well done, and it was great to get such a close-up view of the animals.

Clara playing peek-a-boo with the Gorilla.  She actually lost interest before he did!

We opted for a train ride around the perimeter of the zoo since we knew the girls were nearing nap time.

In the rainforest.

Proof that Avery was there too!

This little girl is a trooper.  She'd just doze off when she was tired (we were out and about during her usual 9am nap time), and we'd lay her down in the stroller.  She spent a lot of our trip in the carseat, stroller, or high chair - I felt bad about that.  But she didn't seem to mind too much.  She did seem very happy when we got back home, and she was able to roll around on the floor, which is in her mind better than any zoo or bacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment